Monday 27 September 2010

Development Films

For the past few weeks, most of my time has been dedicated to twelve training programmes for Development Films. It's been a long while since I filmed or edited something based on a narrative script (the vast majority of projects that I undertake at Blue Sky are shot and assembled using the same documentary methods that a news and current affairs programme might use), and it's made a welcome change.

What makes this project particularly special to me is that I not only performed the role of second camera and editor (shooting on a Sony PMW-EX3 and editing on a Mac Pro with Final Cut Studio 2, but I also took on quite a bit of producing work, finding suitable locations and cast according to the guidelines set by the client.

The video presented below is currently being shown at exhibitions across the country (Adrian, Kay and Richard will be at the NEC in London tomorrow).



The first series of Development Films is due to go on sale this Autumn, available as a DVD or digital download from The Development Company.

No comments:

Post a Comment